Friday, March 23, 2018

new (to me)


[i just love good food-based puns]

since it opened, i'd had my eye on scottie's deli for a hot minute. but, anytime i was in the area, i already had other food arrangements or had just eaten. then, while one of my dear friends was in town, my timing finally fell into place. 

for those who haven't tried it yet, scottie's deli models itself off of the classic jewish, italian, and german delicatessens...cue all of the amazingly delicious combinations of sandwiches and soups!


funny story, up until my sophomore or junior year in college, i hated sandwiches. i don't know what it was, but there was something about them that made me lose my appetite. and then, out of nowhere, i suddenly liked them. just like that. my favorite part about a good deli sandwich? the pickle! i absolutely love the crunch and bite of the pickle against the savory flavors of the sandwich. mmm, just describing it makes me hungry.


[decisions, decisions]


i tried out the beef dip sandwich with thinly sliced roast beef, provolone, and au jus for dipping. oh man, was that sandwich tasty. and i of course couldn't resist trying a cup of their flavorful matzo ball soup. 


[all the natural lighting]


my friend laura tried out their cubano with mojo pork, ham, swiss, pickles, and mustard. she was a big fan of it. 


thanks for such a tasty lunch scottie's. rest assured, i will be back sooner than later and with a certain meat-a-tarian baldy in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.