Sunday, November 27, 2011

a thankful weekend

typical to tradition, my thanksgiving was filled with giving thanks, yummy food and overindulgence. it was a little different this year because i normally make my way to the windy city with my family, but this year i spent it with T's family! i was so nervous to spend a holiday with his family, but things couldn't have gone better! my brother who had to stay in town came with which made it all the more better. there was lots of laughter, drinks and amazing food (T's mom is a wiz in the kitchen, oh my gatos) the next day i made sweet potato biscuits and we went to friendsgiving. i always love getting together with our friends since we spend most of the time joking around and playing games. jenga is my favorite! food-coma and movie watching ensued with T and our pup. to finish the weekend, T and i decorated the house for xmas (minus tree...that will be saved for another day) and raked the leaves in our yard. this of course leads to my favorite of all things, jumping in leaf piles!



it was the pup's first leaf pile to jump in, so he was a little hesitant. i'm pretty sure he was scared of it, he's a scaredy cat about most things!



but once i jumped in, he felt the need to rescue me....or lick me a bunch...whichever he thought helped most, haha. it's little moments like today, or even the whole weekend, that make me thankful for all the wonderful family and friends i have in my life; for T and i's sweet puppy and all the mischief he makes, for the quirkyness T and i share, the little moments that make me smile, for good health, for positivity, and to have, in tough times like these, a job that makes me feel like i am making a difference. this past year has changed my life quite a bit but has also been amazingly wonderful too. it has made me realize that you should be thankful for the big and small moments in your life.

hope y'all had a great turkey day and enjoyed the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. aww that's so cute! I want to jump into a leaf pile too! such a lovely blog!
    x
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.