Wednesday, September 3, 2014

new to me: h&8th


last friday, i was extremely happy to finally check out the monthly okc block party known as h&8th. held only in the warmer months, it's a huge gathering of local food trucks, vendors, and musicians. i had heard of h&8th last season but, only until recently was i free to see what it was all about. 


[my two best gals - always up for anything]


and i have to say, i was blown away! i had no idea the local following this fest had until walking through the packed streets myself. it made me feel very proud indeed to see how much the community supports each other. 


[first up, i had to soothe my ramen craving]


[so, so delicious]



[lastly, an indulgence of comfort food]


[meeting my new favorite pup - osiris, the deaf dane]

aside from the crazy long lines and the overabundance of food choices (trust me, that's a good thing), it was a great way to spend a summer evening. and while okc is no san francisco or chicago, i am so happy to see the growing interest and effort to bring more events like this to our area.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.